Tired of eating the same old boring food?? Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring and I want to prove it to you!! This is a healthy recipe for Hawaiian style pork !! (( It could also be done with chicken.)) This recipe is easy , quick, and packs some flavor. You can add some additional spice to it for that extra flavor kick. Say no to boring bakes chicken breast and lettuce…healthy recipes take a little more planning , but, are well worth it!!
As I always say, “the best ‘diet’ is the one that you can stick to !! ” So, don’t eat boring food just because you are on a mission to improve your health….that won’t last long. Find recipes you love and tweak them into healthier versions.
- 2# pork TENDERloin (or chicken thighs work well too!)
- 1/2 cup sugar free/ low sugar BBQ sauce (such as G.Hughes)
- 200g pineapple chunks (can be fresh or frozen ; if you get canned , check to be sure it’s in water and not syrup )
- 1/2 chopped white onion (about 125g ; can use fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup broth (any kind ; would be ok with doing 1/4 more of almond milk if you don’t have broth)
- 3 packets / 2 tsp of stevia or Erythritol or Splenda naturals sweetener (or any 0 calorie sweetener of your choice)
- optional : hot sauce/Sirachi/red pepper flakes (I really liked the Sirachi sauce with it!)
Have y’all ever tried this pineapple core remover tool?? Awesome gadget!!
- CrockPot/ Slow Cooker : Chop pineapple into chunks. Cut onions. Slice pork line in 3-4 large pieces so it can fit into pout. Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for approximately 4 hours.
- Spray pot lightly with oil. Press Saute’ function. Add diced onions and pineapples. Brown and stir. Add pork loin (whole thing is fine). Brown on both sides.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to InstaPot. Press the “pressure Cook ” function , 12 minutes. Let it self release.
- Use 2 forks to “pull” / shred pork apart. Mix with sauce/stir
- **Tip : If it is too “soupy / watery” when finished cooking in slow cooker or Instapot, take all contents and put into a large skillet on very high heat…heat and stir until desired thickness….as the water evaporates, the meat and sauce will start to “stick” / thicken. Just keep stirring lightly every few minutes.
Approximate Nutritional Info:
Healthy Hawaiian Pork